William CAO, MD, PhD
- Liver Clinic
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinic
- Gastro-intestinal Polyp Clinic
- GI GERD Clinic
- Pancreas Clinic
- Biliopancreatic endoscopy clinic
- Jiahui International Hospital (Shanghai)
- Jiahui Health (Jing'an)
- Jiahui Health (Yangpu)
- Languages:普通话, English
Dr. William CAO is a gastroenterologist at Jiahui Health. Dr. Cao obtained his bachelor's degree in Clinical Medicine from Nanjing Medical University in 2001 and his PhD in Gastroenterology from Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University in 2008. Prior to joining Jiahui Health, he served as an associate chief physician and postgraduate supervisor in the Department of Gastroenterology of Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University. He was once a visiting scholar at National Cancer Center Hospital, Japan.
Dr. Cao has 18 years of clinical experience in digestive diseases. His main practices include but are not limited to the following conditions:
- Digestive diseases, including gastroesophageal reflux disease, helicobacter pylori infection, chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer, functional gastrointestinal disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver dysfunction, fatty liver, common bile duct stone and pancreatic disease.
- Endoscopic procedures, including endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) for gastrointestinal polyps, endoscopic screening and treatment of early gastrointestinal tumor, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) and fine needle aspiration (FNA), endoscopic variceal ligation (EVL) and endoscopic sclerotherapy (EVS) for gastroesophageal varices.
Dr. Cao has published more than 10 papers as the first author or corresponding author. He led a project supported by Nanjing Medical Science and Technology Development Foundation and a key project supported by Nanjing Medical University Science and Technology Development Foundation. As a principal researcher, he participated in a project sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
License no. :110320100016883