Jun Li, M.D.，FEBS
- General Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology Clinic
- Hepato-pancreatic-biliary surgery
- Gastrointestinal and Colorectal Surgery
- Jiahui International Hospital
- Languages:普通话, English, Deutsch
Dr. Jun Li is the Chief of Surgery, Chief of the General Surgery and the Chief of Surgical Oncology at the Shanghai Jiahui International Hospital.
Dr. Jun Li graduated at the Shanghai Medical University (now Fudan University), having the internship at Zhongshan Hospital and the Master degree at Cancer Hospital, Shanghai Medical University. He received the MD degree at the University of Essen in Germany and further the surgical training thereafter. He built his career in four prestigious European University Hospitals (Essen, London, Tübingen, Hamburg), with specialty of Surgery, General Surgery, Visceral Surgery, Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Surgery and Transplantation. Prior to Jiahui, he was in charge of Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Surgery at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, one of the five “Center of Excellence for Liver Surgery (DGAV)” in Germany.
Dr. Jun Li has fundamental interesting in the surgical treatment of liver, biliary tract and pancreas disease. He made many surgical innovations. Some of them were published in the international prestigious journal. Applying the transplant technique and strategy on the treatment of cancers (as the part of transplant oncology) and performing minimal invasive surgery including robotic surgery (Da Vinci) are his current main focuses.
Dr. Li specializes in surgical techniques including but not limited to:
● Treatment of hepato-pancreatico-biliary malignancy, especially HCC, intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, perihilar cholangiocarcinom, gall bladder cancer, pancreas cancer and complex resection and reconstruction, including surgical palliation.
● Treatment of benign diseases of liver, biliary tract and pancreas, such as gall stone disease, iatrogenic biliary injury, intrahepatic stone disease, cystic liver lesion, portal hypertension. Many surgeries could be performed laparoscopically. Large part of liver benign tumor may not require a surgery. Some patients with jaundice can be treated non-surgically.
● Treatment of peritoneal and retroperitoneal tumor, which requiring reconstruction of large or small vessels, biliary tract, intestinal and even ureter.
● Treatment of gastro-intestinal tumor, including gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, tumor of the small bowel, gastrointestinal stromal tumor.
● Lymph nodes biopsy and lymphadnectomy in the area of neck, axillar, groin, abdomen or pelvis.
● Varies of laparoscopic operation, including liver resection, distal pancreas resection, gastrointestinal resection and reconstruction, cholecystectomy and hernia repair.
Dr. Jun Li has wide international connection and reputation. He is the member of German Surgical Society, German Transplant Society, European Society of Transplantation, International Society of Transplantation, European Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association, International European Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association.